With the ever-increasing demand for better healthcare facilities, it is becoming difficult for hospitals to keep up with the demand. As new hospitals are coming up, the infrastructure evolves more complex with new protocols and technical upgrades.
“To provide the best healthcare facility, big hospitals with an extensive network of healthcare professionals need quality management software to manage the hospital activities efficiently. These activities vary from one organization to another, but quality healthcare service remains the bottom line.”
What is QMS for Hospitals?
A hospital QMS software is a tool designed to digitize the maximum clinical and non-clinical activities carried out to efficiently manage the hospital and the healthcare facility as a whole. It aims to minimize manual work to remove redundancies and errors arising due to human intervention. National and international agencies should accredit a centralized system like this to standardize the system across healthcare facilities.
Since healthcare is a very sensitive field, there is a minimal margin for error. A simple mistake or a longer process can determine whether the patient lives or dies. In India, hospitals must implement only NABH compliant software; that is, the accrediting agency (NABH) must verify whether the software imbibes the elements of the standards laid down by the agency.
Additionally, the JCI Accreditation is also mandatory for healthcare facilities. Both these standards are crucial for uniform healthcare services throughout the country.
Features of a good QMS software:
Good healthcare QMS software fully digitizes the hospital activities that are important for keeping the healthcare facility running efficiently. Most importantly, the software should implement national and international accreditation standards in all the processes that directly affect the healthcare facility.
Some of the outstanding features of good QMS software are:
- The software should be NABH and JCI compliant for use in the country, and one could easily implement the revised standards
- The software imbibes the abilities of a hospital audit software in India for fast auditing and report generation
- The software should be easily configurable and could be easily implemented
- The software should have integration capability with the existing ERP for existing systems
- The software should have cross-platform support at all times
- The tech support for the software should be available round the clock for troubleshooting in a quick time
- The software interface should be user-friendly for fast implementation and fast training of healthcare personnel using the software.
- The software should at all times help in maintaining the quality of the healthcare services.
- The software should automate and improve clinical (Medical Compliance Management, Nursing Compliance Management, Doctors Performance management, etc.) and non-clinical processes (Documentation management, Safety and Risk Management, Quality Indicator management, etc.)
Healthcare services have been revolutionized with technological advancements. Automated processes have replaced manual work, bringing down the cost and time to carry out certain activities that needed a separate department. Good healthcare QMS software proves vital to the functioning of a hospital or a healthcare service as it ultimately improves the quality of service at any moment.
MedQPro is one such QMS software that is NABH (5th edition) and JCI (7th edition) accredited. The software is scalable and provides optimum support to hospital management. You can learn more about us from our website and reach out to us for further information.